Granted, I am someone who is prone to completing the surveys that arrive in my inbox or pop up on my regularly-visited sites – but I am always curious to know the outcome and never get to find out. So I am sharing some of the information we’ve discovered and confirmed with the recent survey. First and foremost, there are a number of ways in which Dabble DB helps us with these results. The responses are put into our survey application via the scheduled import feature. The data is always up-to-date and very easy to manipulate.
One of the questions asked you about the ways you use the web database. A quick grouping of the field allows me to create a chart view to look at these different functions in an organized way.
Some of the answers in the Other category were incredibly specific! Obviously there are as many uses for Dabble DB as there are users.
Here are a handful of your favorite features:
- The cut-and-paste import. Hands down.
- The ability to export live views is amazing.
- The speed of creating the data structures I need.
- Nontraditional views (graphs, calendar, map)
- The possibility to change the database after having filled some values. Everything is dynamic.
- Flexibility. In Dabble DB, it’s infinity +1. Ease of use, something your team is very careful about, is also heads and shoulders above the alternatives.
As for the feature requests, we heard them loud and clear. Many of them were already on the list. Since he said it so well, I’ll quote Luke: “We’re always looking for areas where we can make incremental improvements to the user experience and feature set. There will never be a Dabble DB 1.5 or Dabble DB CS 2008 Extended Edition that requires an upgrade disc and installation instructions.”
Many thanks to those who responded. Dayna